Saturday, April 1, 2017

Printer back to working

It took a bit longer than I intended but my printer is all back to working. I used paracord as sleeving again. It's perfectly sized for four 20-some awg wires. I got the wiring done enough that I could reassemble it and then started it on printing upgrades. A self-upgradable machine is still one of the most amazing things to me. As I'm writing this it's printing this Egg-bot since I've been meaning to the last 2 years for Easter and never got around to it. Anyway, not much to explain, here are some pictures!
Lengthening wires
Extending the right-hand Z axis wiring & sleeving
I used wire sleeving from the auto-parts store of the extruder / carriage wires
The rats nest of my Ramps while printing upgrades