I accidently forced myself into upgrading to Skeinforge version 37, the most recent. I was using 33, which was working well enough, when I noticed today that it was doing some very strange things processing objects. Apparently over the lunar eclipse / solstice I ran replicatorG with Skeinforge 35. I don't really remember doing this, but it broke everything with the two programs writing to the same .skeinforge folder. So I'm going through all my present settings again.
Friday, December 10, 2010
I managed to get all the small parts for two Prusa Mendels printed, and I'm slowly SLOWLY working my way through the large bits with Frame Vertexes first. As you can see I got one side of one machine done already. I'm planning, as I did with the Wade Extruder I printed last month, to keep one and sell one. Hopefully before the beginning of 2011 I'll have a fully working Prusa Mendel and then I can start dismantling my Catalyst to make another Mendel of some form. Really, at this point it's just the threaded rod X-axis that's the problem, since, I've had to upgrade and change SO much just to get it to work. But to replace the X-axis I have to replace the smooth bars because they're oversized, and the Z-axis then because the new bars won't fit in the Z bits. And then the top bar also to fit anything else properly... at that point I'm replacing half the machine. I'm replacing half the machine after it makes a reprap.
SOOOooo rafts. I found here a suggestion about using only the Base raft in skeinforge, but very large and dense. long story short it works much better for large objects, and When I find a setting in Skeinforge that works great I'll be posting it here. I cannot wait to make a new reprap, this machine is SLOOooooW. And here's the frame vertexes I'm printing; posted to thingiverse.