Friday, November 5, 2010

Jun 10, 2010 Extruder Rebuild


Last night I was trying to print a 40mm box. I couldn't even get the extruder to start, it would kind of ooze plastic but not extrude fast enough to be useful printing. I took it apart today to find out what was wrong, unfortunately it's jammed full of plastic now. And fortunately I bought an extra nozzle from someone on eBay a few months ago. The nozzle is considerably shorter than the one that came with the Catalyst kit, so I have to cut at least 2cm off the extra long screws that hold it in place... woohoo, Dremel time! But I rebuilt the extruder with what I could salvage from the old one. It's all salvageable but I need a butane torch or something to get the old plastic out of it.

I think ultimately it might be my fault, I noticed I put the shaft in the nozzle cap backwards... Another mistake I won't make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment